$100,000 – $120,000
- Fixed Term Project Role
- Full-time or Part-time position
- located at Zillmere, North Brisbane.
JCC is looking for a Compliance Project Officer to join our team, and to help us build a school that is both culturally and trauma responsive. This position will work directly with young people as well as working with the wider staff team and community.
Established in 2011, Jabiru Community College (JCC) is based in Zillmere, North Brisbane. We are a small school and learning community that provides education for approximately 80 young people seeking a flexible, caring and holistic approach to learning. Approximately 30-35% of our students identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
This is a fixed-term project role with flexible arrangements negotiable up to 18 months for full-time or part-time for a longer period of time. This position is for a highly skilled and experienced project officer to develop systems and processes for future handover to less experienced staff, delivering a wide range of tasks including;
- Work effectively as a member of the Jabiru Community College team within the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Develop and implement a sustainable quality management system that addresses relevant legal and statutory compliance requirements of the College
- Identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans for JCC & CLL (Community Learning Limited)
- Conduct and manage audit processes
- Work with the Jabiru Community College staff team to ensure the program fits within budget
- Work as an effective steward of the organisation’s property and equipment.
- You have a Working with Children paid Employee Blue Card (authorisation by the Commission for Children & Young People to work with under 18 year olds) or equivalent Study in a relevant field or experience in Law/Compliance/Risk Management/ Governance.
- A knowledge of, or the ability to rapidly acquire a knowledge of all aspects of the legal and regulatory frameworks relevant for an Independent School
Current driver’s licence
- You will be committed to seeking to understand and respond to the needs of the whole community when making individual and system decisions and experience in or a willingness to learn about supporting a school to navigate the complexities of colonisation for the betterment of all people connected to the school Be able to work with individuals, small groups and the whole community.
- You will also be able to build and maintain Build intentional relationships with colleagues and community members, while remaining respectful and demonstrate patience, care and compassion for others and yourself
- Have a passion for system development and Implementation and be able to analyse problems from multiple perspectives and develop solutions that work
Experience using Office Software Applications including Google Workspace for Education and its suite of software and office/productivity applications is desirable.
We would love to see your application, supported by a cover letter demonstrating your alignment with the ‘about you’ requirements and a copy of your resume!
Applications close at 5pm Friday 24 February 2023. Jabiru Community College reserves the right to commence shortlisting prior to the closing date. If you would like further information please contact Frances Missen or David Powell – Tel: 07 3554 1799